LAST MODIFIED ON 10/27/2019
MOVIBITS ACCEPTABLE POLICY
MoviBits are digital tokens which are native to the BitMovio platform and which can only be purchased from BitMovio. BitMovio has introduced MoviBits as an in-platform digital token that can be used for a variety of purposes within the BitMovio marketplace, including - (a) as a way for viewers to celebrate moments and express appreciation for content creators through Gifts and Tips, (b) as a form of payment to unlock things like movies for purchase or rent.
We want to build a positive experience with MoviBits on BitMovio for creators and their communities. One way to do that is to introduce a common understanding of how MoviBits can serve the community on BitMovio, in addition to identifying activities that are not appropriate with MoviBits. Publishing this Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy” or “AUP”) is a step in that direction.
How MoviBits Work
MoviBits are easy to understand and use, but there are a few simple steps involving MoviBits that you should know about:
1. Whenever a user creates an account with BitMovio, we will assign that user a BitMovio E-Wallet. This E-Wallet will contain both an Ether wallet (for users who may be interested in using cryptocurrency to fund their activities and purchases), and a MoviBits wallet, which will hold all of your MoviBits. You can use either or both - a user only needs to fund one wallet to interact with BitMovio platform.
2. If a user decides to fund his/her Ether wallet, the user can do so by transferring Ether from his/her external Ether wallet to his/her BitMovio Ether Wallet. If he/she wants to use Ether within the platform to purchase content or tip a creator (as an example), the amount of Ether deducted from the user’s wallet will either be equivalent to the purchase price as denominated in Ether on the BitMovio platform or, if such activity is initially priced in USD, will be converted with the real-time exchange rate obtained from CoinMarketCap.
3. If a user decides to fund his/her MoviBits wallet, he/she can purchase MoviBits on the web with his/her credit card/debit card (completed through a payment gateway). We are currently using First Data as our payment gateway for web-based purchasing; this is subject to change in the future. We will also support iOS/Android in-app purchases of MoviBits.
4. For Web purchasing, $1.99 corresponds to 2,000 MoviBits.
5. For Mobile in-app purchasing, $1.99 corresponds to 1,400 MoviBits (note: both Apple and Google charge 30% for in-app purchases)
6. The cost of MoviBits is subject to change at any time by BitMovio in BitMovio’s sole discretion.
7. Once a user funds his/her E-BitMovio wallet (using either Ether and/or MoviBits), he/she can interact on BitMovio platform through tipping, paying, renting etc.
8. In addition to having the option to purchase MoviBits at any time, users may also earn MoviBits on occasion, including (i) through referral or affiliate programs which may be run by BitMovio, in its sole discretion, from time to time, (ii) by watching certain content, or for a certain amount of time, (iii) by watching ads, as further detailed in the ‘Ads for MoviBits’ section below, and (iv) by other means which BitMovio may determine, in its sole discretion, from time to time, and which may be subject to change or cancellation at any time and without notice.
9. For content creators only, if a user uses Ether to pay/tip the creator, the content creator will receive Ether in an amount equal to 80% of the amount spent. The content creator can choose to withdraw Ether immediately (with the restriction that minimum withdrawal is a $10 equivalent, and the maximum withdrawal is a $500 equivalent in a 24 hour time frame).
10. For content creators only, if a user uses MoviBits to pay/tip the creator, the content creator will receive MoviBits (which directly translates to fiat currency, i.e., 1 MoviBit received is equivalent to US$0.001). The content creator can spend MoviBits within the BitMovio platform; alternately, he/she can request to be paid out in Fiat currency towards the end of the month if the equivalent MoviBits value exceeds US$100. To enable this process, the content creator MUST complete the Content Partner Onboarding process and be approved by BitMovio for identify verification and tax information collection. Please refer to Content Partner Onboarding Guide on how to onboard as a content creator. Please contact BitMovio team at for questions.
IMPORTANT: UNLESS YOU ARE A CONTENT CREATOR WHO HAS (i) EITHER (a) UPLOADED AT LEAST ONE MONETIZABLE VIDEO TO THE BITMOVIO PLATFORM IN THE LAST THIRTY (30) DAYS or (b) UPLOADED AT LEAST 10 HOURS OF CONTENT IN THE AGGREGATE TO THE BITMOVIO PLATFORM, AND (ii) IS EITHER SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE BITMOVIO CONTENT PARTNER AGREEMENT AND THE DIGITAL LICENSE AGREEMENT OR HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE COMPARABLE AGREEMENT DIRECTLY WITH BITMOVIO, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CONVERT MOVIBITS INTO ANY CURRENCY USING THE BITMOVIO PLATFORM, WHETHER FIAT CURRENCY OR DIGITAL CURRENCY.
ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS ON SUCH CONVERSION RIGHTS ARE CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT PARTNER AGREEMENT AND THE CONTENT PARTNER ONBOARDING GUIDE, BOTH OF WHICH EVERY CONTENT CREATOR WILL BE SUBJECT TO. BITMOVIO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO FURTHER RESTRICT ANY SUCH ATTEMPTED CONVERSION AND MAY IMPOSE PENALTIES ON ANY USER FOUND ATTEMPTING TO ABUSE OR CIRCUMVENT THESE RESTRICTIONS UP TO AND INCLUDING A PERMANENT BAN FROM THE BITMOVIO PLATFORM AND REFERRAL TO THE APPROPRIATE LEGAL AUTHORITIES.
This Policy applies to any BitMovio creator or user that purchases, obtains, interacts with, or otherwise uses MoviBits. We may change this Policy from time to time with such changes effective upon posting online or otherwise providing you an updated version. We encourage you to review this Policy on a regular basis.
Your use of MoviBits is further subject to and governed by BitMovio’s Terms of Service, Terms of Sale, and Community Guidelines. In the event of a conflict between this Policy and those agreements, this Policy shall control.
MoviBits are in-platform virtual goods intended to be purchased and consumed on BitMovio, and do not serve as a currency except within the BitMovio platform only.
We encourage you to do the following with MoviBits:
Rent or purchase content (including channel subscriptions), purchase virtual items, and tip and gift creators you like
Celebrate amazing moments, show support for broadcasters, and be recognized.
Establish goals for MoviBits usage by the community that could unlock, or provide, community benefits or content; create leaderboards; trigger content or provide rewards to viewers for collective MoviBits usage. Several examples follow:
Creator announces that they will replace a specific emote with a new emote if ten people Tip 1,000 MoviBits in the next five minutes.
Creator announces that they will make themselves available for a live chat during a broadcast of a live show depending on the votes of the community based on the number of MoviBits Tipped in a 10 minute span.
Creator operates a voting mechanism based on MoviBits to determine whether to arrange a meetup for the community.
Now the Don’ts that constitute violations of this policy:
Selling, offering to sell, trading, bartering, or transferring MoviBits to other users of BitMovio in exchange for real or virtual currencies. Any such attempted prohibited sale or transfer will be null and void.
Using MoviBits as a bet or wager or soliciting or accepting MoviBits for a bet or wager.
Use MoviBits to engage in any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity, or soliciting or receiving MoviBits for any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity. Keep in mind the Community Guidelines also apply to your use of MoviBits.
Ads for MoviBits
From time to time, BitMovio may make available an opportunity to watch an advertisement in exchange for MoviBits. Such opportunities may be limited by third-party advertisement inventory or other elements, and BitMovio does not guarantee that MoviBits will be available at all times or at any given time. We remind you that this AUP applies to MoviBits that you may obtain from those opportunities. You may also not use robots, or other automated means, to obtain MoviBits using the Ads for MoviBits feature; such activity is prohibited.
Violation of This Policy
Any violations or attempted violations of this Policy by you (or any third party acting on your behalf) will constitute a violation of the Terms of Service, including this Policy, by you and a material breach of any other applicable agreement, and/or supplements to any applicable agreement(s), with BitMovio.
Additionally, a violation may result in civil or criminal liability, and BitMovio, in its sole discretion, in addition to any remedy that it may have at law or in equity, may immediately terminate permission for you to use MoviBits. BitMovio may bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or collect damages caused by any violation of any part of this AUP.
BitMovio’s failure to enforce this AUP in every instance in which it might have application does not amount to a waiver of BitMovio’s rights.